July 30, 2012 • by Colin Vernon
Stresslimit is expanding; we need more tech hands on deck.
We are a small, expert web design & develop shop in Montreal, and we need a coder. We love WordPress, and at this point do almost everything with it, so you really need to be focussed on and love WP too.
Skills & Requirements
- must speak and write English well to communicate with clients [although internal communication can be in French]
- must be very self-starting, to the point of bugging us to see what you can do next, and/but even better, just doing something that you see needs doing
- must be a healthily obsessive-compulsive personality, and NEED to make clean, efficient, DRY, awesome code—on the front-end and backend
- of course must be an experienced LAMP developer with significant WordPress experience [themes + plugins]; we will ask for code samples, links to wp.org, github, etc.
- must be up to date on css/js tricks & quirks, browser progress developments, cultural shifts in the web/tech world, and generally have a nerdy aspect to your personality when it comes to web work
- as excited about technically challenging work as you are about taking care of simple stuff as cleanly and quickly as possible
- same as above for front-end vs backend: as excited about doing interesting front-end work as slickly as possible even if the backend is straightforward, and vice-versa
- interest in blogging/speaking about your work is a plus but not required
- bonus points if you have done LSD and count it as a life-changing experience [hey it was good enough for Steve Jobs]
If you’re interested, get in touch with [no pun intended] firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of our current projects